Have you ever heard of counter conditioning?
You may have even used it before without realising it.
You might need to use counter conditioning if you’ve ever:
- Felt embarrassed by your dog’s behaviour while out in public because they’re freaking out and you can’t get through to them
- Wished you could just talk to your dog and explain that your neighbour’s possum shaped lawn ornament is not a demon
- Felt like you’re being towed behind horse and you may as well be on grass skis every time your dog sees another dog
These are often fear based responses and they keep both you and your dog from being able to enjoy your time together to the fullest.
With counter conditioning, you can:
- Change the way a dog feels about something that they’re fearful of
- Turn a negative association into a positive one
- Transform your dog’s behaviour in the presence of that originally scary thing.
As a trainer who uses counter conditioning often, I can help you break down the science into simple steps and achieve results like improved confidence in your dog.
A dog that actually looks forward to seeing things that previously triggered them.
A more enjoyable time together on walks and out in public.
Are you ready for this?
Work through step by step in Frantic To Focused, my signature course that helps owners with dogs who are reactive to triggers (including but not limited to other dogs). You can see all the details by clicking here.